Saturday, June 27, 2009

Surprise!!!!!

The beginning of May I got an invitation in the mail for a surprise 40th birthday party for my sister that lives in Cali. I thought how fun it would be to go but dismissed the idea due to cost, logistics, time etc. But I couldn't let the idea get away. I talked to my other sister that lives here in Texas about going and we even found good airline tickets. Unfortunately we didn't act quickly enough and the cheap seats were gone when we went to cement the plan. Thanks to our respective hubbies we got tickets and decided that we would be her surprise. We let our other sister in on it, (she needed to pick us up from the airport) and flew in for the surprise. Heather (the 40 year old) is a big sneak and knew something was up, but she didn't know everything. Amy and I hid around the corner of the house during the initial "SURPRISE", then we came out. It was great!!!!! As you can see the family waterworks were in full force.


Heather and her awesome husband Rob, the event planner. He did a great job with the food and all the festivities. The grin is relief from having to keep the secret.

The birthday girl and her cake. She doesn't look a day over 39.

The four sister together-that's in age order. It was a fantastic weekend and I am so grateful the Ken was willing to give up his free ticket for me to be there. We missed having my parents there, but knew their hearts were there with us. It's been awhile since the four of us have been together. It was great to visit, eat, relax, and spend time together. We had a great time with our Aunt Mary Jane and cousin Cat also. I'm so glad that we were able to celebrate Heather's special day with her and her family.



One of my treats was lunch at a favorite. We don't have Baja Fresh around here anymore-the closest one was in Austin so it's a stop when we're in Cali. It's the best around.







No comments: