Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Salsa

Good produce that has a great flavor is not always readily available. Unless you know someone that has fresh produce. One of my son's friends helps his grandparents every year with their garden. Last year and this year he brought me a box of tomatoes. I love a fresh from the garden tomato sliced on a plate with a little salt. Yum. We eat as many as we can and what we can't we can. We make salsa. Last year was the first time I had done some and my family loved it so we decided to make some more.


Really fresh tomatoes


My helpers-Paige and Lexi

Letting the salsa cook just a bit to get all the flavors together


There is nothing like the satifaction of seeing the end product after all the slicing, dicing, and chopping. The best part will be in the winter having fresh salsa.





No comments: