Tuesday, February 19, 2013

May 2012

Paige with the official document stating she is licensed to learn to drive
     May is always a busy month and this proved true with this year also.  To start with Paige marked a major milestone with getting her learner's  permit to drive.  I don't know if I will survive the learning process but we will give it a go.  The DMV closed the local office-not due to insufficient need.  So we are forced to head to other offices.  This was only a 1 1/2 hr wait.  I've been through worse!!



There are always the end of year school events.  We had the jr. high athletic banquet.  Lexi had played both Volleyball and Basketball this year.  We also had the band concerts for the jr. high and high school.
Lexi at her athletic banquet

Lexi at her band concert
L


Paige and friend Jordan before their band concert


 Then there is Mother's Day.  I enjoy the breakfast in bed my kids always treat me to.  I am so grateful to be a mom and even with the many challenges I count my kids as my greatest blessings.  I am also grateful for a wonderful mom.  Every day I miss being able to talk to her and enjoy her company.  I am grateful for the many things she taught me and the example she always was.

My gift from my family-I can show my True Blue all the time!!

Me and my kids
 

Nephew Chase with his mom and dad, Rob and Heather

I got to do a quick trip to Calif. for my nephew's Boy Scout Eagle Court of Honor, another nephew's baptism and my cousin's wedding.  It was fast but we made the most of it.  Always good to be with family.


At the end of the month celebrating Memorial Day.  We went to a nice ceremony at the cemetary by us.  Then we enjoyed a great BBQ and swimming with friends.  Ready for summer!!

Lexi




Paige


Jordan and  Taylor 

ceremony at the cemetery
flag with helmet and guns in Remembrance

No comments: