Sunday, August 23, 2009

The Children's museum

When all the craziness with my dad started my sister and her family were visiting them in VA. They spent a week there and then my brother-in-law needed to be back at work. My sister stayed with my mom and my brother-in-law drove back to Texas with 4 kids. I had the kids stay with us the next week so there wouldn't be the babysitting finagling and cousins could spend time together before school started. Since it's so hot we hung out where it was air conditioned or wet. One day we went to the Children's museum. The kids had a blast and there was something for everyone.

Harrison in front of a display of tubes filled with one of his favorite things-CARS!!!! But it made him mad that he couldn't take them out.



Claire and Emily in the big blocks. Emily built a tower around Claire and Claire let her. Amazing

Abby and Lexi outside at the Waterworks. There are all sorts of gadgets for directing and playing in water. The girls just wished they could get in the water.


Our last stop for the day was the face painting area. Harrison was not interested in this at all.


After a full day of play the batteries needed recharging. This was before we even got on the freeway.


1 comment:

Amy said...

Cars Harrison could see but not play with would tick him off. We were shopping at Walmart the other day and got some of his birthday gifts and had them at the very bottom of the cart. He could see them through the bottom of the basket and got mad I wouldn't give them to him.