Saturday, September 1, 2012

Project Linus

Our Relief Society, the women's organization at church, decided to participate in Project Linus.  This is where handmade blankets are donated to local hospitals for children.  As part of the plan we also had a work night at church where we learned to crochet and hopefully make a blanket to donate.  I have done some basic crocheting but never completed a "real" project.  I decided to work on a blanket and had a great friend who helped me all along the way.  Once I got going it wasn't too bad, a great way to accomplish something when I wanted to sit and watch something on TV.  I appreciate all the help and encouragement from my friend and am happy to have completed this and was able to donate it to the program.  The girls want me to make something for them now.  We'll see how that goes.  







No comments: