Sunday, August 22, 2010

The Orton's home

I'm going to start with a disclaimer, I didn't not tell the Orton's I was taking these pictures to begin with. I told them afterwards and that I was going to show friends in Houston. I know there are friends that read our blog and so figured this was the easiest way to do so. I am so grateful for the Orton's hospitality and letting us stay with them for a few days. They had just moved into their house the week before and were waiting on new furniture for several bedrooms and the game room. I realized I did not get any pictures of their 3 car garage which was awesome.
So on with the tour.

After walking in the front door there is the music room on the left and this hall to the right. It leads to the laundry room, and three bedrooms. Upstairs is the master, Emily and Jared's rooms. The stairs go down to the basement.


This is immediately off the entry. Love the moulding detail. Suzanne is very excited to have the grand piano.


Just past the music room/dining room is the kitchen/great room. Very open floor plan and lots of light.

This is standing at the top of the stairs where you can see the openess of the area.


In the corner was the fireplace and TV. The french doors lead out to a huge wood deck. They also have a huge back yard.

In the basement the gameroom runs the whole length of the house. The previous owner had put in the surround sound and screen so the boys were loving that. It made for a great indoor soccer area. At the end where I was standing taking the picture is where the bedrooms downstairs are. There is also tons of storage.


Downstairs bathroom.



Josh and Tanner's room


Andrew's room



The Orton family


Thanks Ortons for such a great time and hospitality.

No comments: